4 Types of Fabric you can Wear in Summer
Georgette is Sheer
Light Weight Fabric. In India, georgette sarees have gained wide
popularity and the flawless beauty of floral, abstract and other kinds of
prints and colour combinations have made it a surreal piece in the textile
• Light in weight and great to carry all day long
• Provides freedom of movement with 24 hours perspiration to the skin
• Easy to maintain and care and dries quickly
Chiffon, a light, airy and translucent fabric, is the ideal choice for sweltering summers. A chiffon saree is one of the most popular products made out of this fabric. So, if in any summer day, you wish to beat the furious sunny blues, chiffon can be your saviour.
• Light in weight and balanced plain-woven sheer fabric
• Provides slight stretching effect and has a grainy texture
• Chiffon dresses have a sheer resemblance
Who doesn’t have a cotton saree in her wardrobe? It’s THE most essential and common piece in an Indian woman’s wardrobe. Be it summer, winter or breezy, cotton apparels never bother you much and stay light in weight on your skin.
• Breathable to skin and helps in perspiration
• Wicks away sweat and dries quickly
• Soft, light in weight and feels comfortable round the clock
Khadi is an exclusive Indian textile, purely hand-spun and hand-woven from natural cotton using the traditional and manually operated spinning wheel called the ‘CHARKHA’. It reminds me of Swadeshi Movement and Gandhi’s prachar of embracing Khadi over western mixed fabric(s).
• Coarse texture and generally come in light beige, off white and crème hues.
• Most renowned soothing and eco friendly fabric till date.
• The natural making procedure makes it highly skin friendly as well.